Featured Terpene -Limonene
This craft mock-tail is layered with flavors that take you from bitter, herbaceous and sweet, much like a Gin and Tonic, without the alcohol, making it a fizzy and complex mocktail. *Recipe Makes oz of simple syrup to have on your bar for future mixology, and walks you through how to make one craft mocktail**Vegan and Gluten Free***Canna-cook Level - Beginner/Crafty Bartender
For simple syrup-
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tsp dried juniper berries (lightly chopped/crushed)
- 2 bay leaves (agitated/ crushed)
- 1 drop True TerpenesAlpha Pinene Extract
For the cocktail- per glass
- 6oz tonic water
- 1 lime wedge
- Rosemary or pine sprig as a garnish (optional)
Kitchen tools needed -
Fine mesh metal strainer, squeeze bottle, sauce pan or small pot, tall collins glass for the cocktail
For making the syrup -
- In a pan on medium - high heat, add all of your syrup ingredients, bring to a boil, and stir until all of the sugar granules are dissolved.
- Once the mixture starts to boil, turn down the heat on your stove top to medium and stir for about 5 minutes keeping an eye on it, making sure that it doesn't burn or boil over.
- After about 5 minutes, turn the stove off and remove the saucepan from the heat and let the herbs steep into the syrup for about 20 to 30 minutes.
- Once your syrup is fully cooled, pour it through the mesh strainer to strain the herbs.
- I recommend keeping this syrup in a squeeze bottle with a resealable top to make it easier to measure and pour when making cocktails.
For building your mocktail -
- Start with a collins glass, filled with ice
- Pour about 1 tbsp of Alpha Pinene Syrup over the ice and top with tonic water, then garnish with 1 or 2 lime wedges.
- Squeeze the lime into your drink, sip and enjoy!