Featured Terpene -Terpinolenethe most common terpene in Jack Herer
This cake features flavors like hazelnut, lemon and Terpinolene that, when combined, tastes a lot like the strain Jack Herer.
*Makes one layered cake or 20-24 cupcakes
***Canna-cook level - Medium or "Experienced edibles maker”
For the cake-
- 1 lemon flavored boxed cake mix weighing 15.25 oz
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup oil or melted butter
- Lemon zest or lemon twist curls for garnish
For the buttercream-
- 2 Sticks of salted, room temp butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp hazelnut coffee creamer
- 1 DropTrue TerpenesTerpinoleneextract
Kitchen tools needed -
Two 9" cake pans or two 12 slot cupcake pans, baking spray and flour or parchment
liner for cake/ cupcake pans, stand or hand mixer, metal palette knife and piping bag
for icing your cakes.
Preheat oven to 350°
- Grease and line your cake pans/ cupcake pans
- Empty the contents of your lemon cake mix package into a large mixing bowl (or bowl for your mixer) with the milk and the melted butter. Turn your mixer on low for one minute and let the ingredients blend.
- Then you will slowly increase the speed while adding the eggs one at a time until your ingredients are all combined into a velvety batter that drips in ribbons off of your rubber spatula.
- Now, fill your cake or cupcake pans and follow the bake time on the box.
- As those bake, you will make your buttercream frosting. Start with the two sticks of room temp butter in the bowl of a stand mixer, and beat the butter on medium until it is smooth.
- Next, turn your mixer speed to low, and add in the 4 cups of Powdered sugar in ½ a cup at a time, and let it mix for 1 to 2 minutes before you add in the 2 tbsps of hazelnut creamer and 1 drop of Terpinolene, and mix on low for 1 to 2 minutes while scraping down the sides (you can add 1 more tbsp of creamer if you need a little more moisture).
- When you take the cakes out of the oven, let them cool for at least an hour before attempting to ice them.
- Once your cakes are cooled, ice them in your preferred style then garnish with lemon zest or a lemon twist ribbon. I served mine with a nug of Jack Herer so that my friends could compare for themselves, and we all were wowed by the similarity! I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!